Food For Firiday – Tomato Basil Soup with #AstroGreekYogourt
I have had the opportunity to over the last couple of weeks to try out some recipes with Astro Greek Yogurt
and by far my favorite recipe was Tomato Basil Soup
– flavourful, creamy and easy to make this soup was a hit with the whole family.
The Tomato Basil Soup was perfect for dinner partnered with a grilled cheese, even A.C. was asking for seconds.
Congratulations to Carol the winner of the 3 Free Product Coupons For Astro Greek Yogurt, I know you will enjoy it as much as I did. And if you want to make the soup here is the recipe:
Tomato Basil Soup
5 Medium Tomatoes, diced
½ Onion, diced
1 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp Olive Oil
900 mL Vegetable Broth
156mL Tomato Paste
¼ cup Basil, chopped
¼ tsp Pepper
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1. In a large sized pot over medium heat sauté olive oil, onions, garlic and tomatoes for about 8 minutes or until onions start to become translucent
2. Add in Vegetable Broth, tomato paste, basil and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes
3. Remove from heat, and let sit for 10 minutes, then use an immersion blender (or a regular blender if you don’t have an immersion one) to puree the soup
4. Place soup back on a medium heat, and add Greek yogurt stirring continuously until in Greek Yogurt is complete incorporated.
5. Heat back up to serving temperature. Serve and garnish with fresh basil, or a dollop of greek yogurt if desired.
|Tomato Basil Soup
Have you tried Greek Yogurt in a recipe? What are your favorites?