Finish Quantum = Clean Dishes = Happy Mommy #FinishRevolution
As part of the Finish Revolution I was to take part in a Dish washing 101 webinar giving by Dishwasher expert Diane Hoffmann. As someone who uses a dishwasher on a regular basis (remind me how we lived without one before???) I was still able to pick up some great tips to make sure that my dish washer is working in top shape every time we run it.
Here are some of my favorite tips/tricks that Diane shared:
- Detergent can lose its effectiveness over time – detergents are designed to be activated by water, storing your box of powdered detergent under your sink (the 2nd moistest location in your house other then the bathroom) may not be the best idea.
- Using HOT water and a good quality detergent will help you dishwasher achieve the best results – depending on the location of your hot water heater you may need to run the tap at your sink for a minute so that when your dish washer fills, it is getting hot water right away
- “Mono-dose” detergents are taking over the market – one box tablets may look like less value then the big box of powder, but it would take 60-80g of the regular powder compared to 1 concentrated tablet
- Odours in dishwashers normally caused by 1 of 2 reasons: 1 – Consumer does not use dishwasher often enough & dirty dishes are left too long, 2 – Dishwasher not draining properly and is growing bacteria. Hard water/lime scale build up can also trap food particles creating bad smells.
- Jet Dry works by lowering the surface tension of water, allowing the water droplets to slide right off your dishes and makes water droplets flatter allowing them to evaporate more quickly. I can tell right away when we are out of Jet Dry, as the spots on our glasses come back (and I HATE the spots!).
Although doing dishes is another chore, I am happy to have the Finish family of products to make it a little bit easier – now if only they could come up with something to unload my dishwasher once it is done… then I would be in heaven!
Open to Canada Only
Ends May 28, 2012
Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.