The Gay Lea Nordica Cottage Cheese also gives these pancakes a protein boost making these a good option for a post-workout breakfast as well. Add some fresh berries or sliced banana to get in a serving of fruits.
Although there is no sugar in this recipe, the pancakes have a great flavour. And if you like sweet, like I do, a dusting of powdered sugar and syrup maple add just the perfect amount of sweetness.
Easy Cottage Cheese Pancake Recipe
- 1 tub Gay Lea Nordica Cottage Cheese (450g)
- 1 ¼ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar and Maple Syrup (Optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon in a large bowl, and mix with an
- immersion blender until smooth and creamy. (You can also do a few seconds in the food
- processor or regular blender).
- Fold in dry ingredients, and stir well until evenly blended.
- Heat a skillet on medium/high heat for a few minutes, spray a little nonstick oil on it, then drop
- a large spoonful of pancake mixture in the middle. Cook for 2-3 minutes then turn over once browned.
- Cook the second side until browned
- Repeat for the rest of the pancakes
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup. Enjoy!
To get us in the mood for cooking Gay Lea has an awesome giveaway this month. Enter to win a Grand Prize of a Kitchenaid stand mixer + oven mitts, and 5 secondary prizes of Gay Lea oven mitts!