The ghouls and goblins will be taking over with Halloween fast approaching! Have you started decorating yet? Why not kick it up a notch this year with some unique pumpkin decorating ideas. This week I am featuring the Painted Pumpkin – a fun kid friendly Halloween craft that will add a little colour to you Halloween decorations.
Easy Pumpkin Decorating Idea – Painted Pumpkins
- Pumpkins to be painted
- Black and white indoor/outdoor spray paint
- Black, White and Orange Acrylic Paint
- Cover the stems of the pumpkins to protect them while painting. I used paper towel secured with tape on one and a toilet paper roll for the other.
- Place newsprint down to protect the surface you are going to be painting on
- Follow the directions on the spray paint can and paint the pumpkins with either the black or white spray paint. Allow to dry overnight
- Place acrylic paint in small dishes and mix in a bit of water so that the paint becomes runny enough that it will drip. Add a little at time and test it out as you go. You don’t want to make it too runny so that it won’t stick to the pumpkin at all.
- Using paint brushes have fun dripping the paint on the pumpkin. If the drips need a little helping hand tilt the pumpkin around to help the drips fall along the sides of the pumpkin. You can also splatter the paint on the pumpkin for even more decorative designs.
- Allow to dry for several hours before handling.
Have fun being creative with your children to create unique pumpkins. Use them to decorate outdoors, or as a center piece for a table these painted pumpkins are perfect!
Love this idea? Make sure you PIN it for later! And check out our other fun Halloween recipes and crafts.