It’s time to get ready for wedding season!! Now that June is (finally) here, we can officially welcome wedding season. I don’t know about you but I love going to weddings. I really enjoy seeing all the details, themes and colours couples choose…not to mention, it’s a night out! Summer weddings are my favourite, a close second is fall (oh those colours!). In the past couple of years my husband and I have had at least two weddings to attend, I start thinking about my hair and clothes a couple weeks before the event. Even if I’m not in the wedding I still want to look and feel my best. As a mom of two young girls, this can be a little difficult, so I have created a list with some pointers that have helped keep me on track! Check it out!
- What to Wear – To help determine what you will wear, consider the type of wedding you are attending. Is it an outdoor ceremony? Is it a full day event? I have attended a wedding that started early in the morning and ended very late, and to be honest, I wore two different outfits for this wedding. Comfortable dress pants for the ceremony and an evening gown for the reception. However, this type of wedding is rare. For most, I prefer a comfortable dress, usually short for summer. Whatever you decide, make you sure you are comfortable.
- Hair Away – Time to get those legs hair free – long dress, short dress or pants, it doesn’t matter. Silky smooth legs will make you feel confident and sexy. You don’t have to spend tons of money in a salon either, try using home wax strips. This way you can avoid appointments at the salon (who has time for that with kids at home?!) and still achieve great results! Try using Nair WAX READY-STRIPS. They are very easy to use, just peel and place – no rubbing or warming required. The hair is removed from the roots and results can last for up to 4 weeks. I would recommend using these a week to a couple days prior to the wedding.
- Hair to ‘Do’ and Make-up – Factors that may affect your choice of hair style can include; weather, wardrobe, location and wedding atmosphere. For example, if the weather will be hot and humid, you may want to consider wearing your hair up. A pony tail with some added curl and accessories can be very nice, and refreshing. If however the wedding is a relaxed outdoor celebration, a loose wavy look will be the perfect touch. Make-up depends on the colours you are wearing and the time of day the wedding is taking place, morning or evening? Be sure to bring some make-up for touch ups if desired. Or, you can go o-natural and skip make-up all together!
- Smile for the Camera – Are you ready to smile the day away? Get camera ready by making sure your smile is something to be proud of. I’m not talking about getting a dental procedure done or buying and expensive whitening treatment for your teeth. You can brighten your smile at home, twice a day every day! It all starts with the right toothpaste. Try using Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh toothpaste, it is clinically proven to help whiten your teeth. It deep cleans and has provides long-lasting freshness. Pair this with the Arm & Hammer Spinbrush which provides the benefits of a power toothbrush with a more affordable price. Be sure to bring these with you, as you never know what you might be served!
- Accessories – This can include; ear rings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, shoes, hair accessories and more. Did I forget anything? You can wear as little or as much as you’d like. Remember though, you are not there to out shine the bride! Sometimes a simple clip in your hair and a pair of nude shoes is all you need. Whatever you choose, I recommend setting your choices aside in advance so you’re not running around looking for your favourite bracelet hours before you are to leave!
Finally – have FUN! The most important thing to remember about getting ready for and attending a wedding is to be comfortable and happy! The bride and groom have put so much thought into their special day and they want their guests to have a great time. So, be ready and plan in advance. Know what you will wear and what you will bring with you at least a week before the wedding. This way there will be no (or considerably less) surprises 😉 If you are looking for some gift ideas for the bride and groom check out Wedding Season is upon us.
Disclosure: I am part of the Church & Dwight ambassador program. All options are strictly my own.