As a Mom of 3, I have spent a lot of time using car seats over the last 5 years. There are lots of factors to consider when picking a car seat out but there are a few important things to remember when choosing a car seat:
- Look for the National Safety Mark label attached to the seat. This label indicates that the seat complies with Canadian regulations and standards and is legal for use in Canada.
- Every child car seat and booster seat sold in Canada has an expiry or useful life date on it and should not be used past that date.
- All car seats sold in Canada must meet the same safety requirements to comply with Canadian safety standards
- Making sure your car seat is properly installed is just as important (if not more) as deciding what seat to buy
If you are looking for a budget friendly car seat then Cosco has a deal that you need to see! Check out the new Cosco Scenera Next Convertible Car Seat! It is super cute, and available exclusively at Walmart, and this budget friendly car seat is available for only $84.97 for a limited time!
Something that Mom’s of 3 understand is trying to fit three car seats in a back seat of a car, can feel like you are accepting a impossible mission. The Scenera Next Convertible Car Seat is so compact and space-efficient that you can fit three across the back seat of most vehicles. This is a great feature for those times when a car is the only possibility.
More and more we are hearing that children should be rear-facing longer, but not all car seats support that yet. However, the Scenera Next Convertible Car Seat can hold 5-40lbs in the rear-facing position, and is easy to install in the rear-facing position using your vehicles seat belt. This is great for people who have kids that grow quickly, at not even a year old Baby Roo is already 23 lbs, so I look for car seats with a high rear facing weight limit. In the forward-facing position it holds 22-40lbs.
The machine washable and dryer safe seat pads are always important, kids are messy little people and accidents happen. You want to be able to clean up your seat quickly if needed. The Scenera has deep side wings with side impact protection to keep little one safe in case of a side impact. And I love that the harness has the tether in front to help you tighten the straps after you get the kid strapped in.
I know many Mommy’s worry about their children on airplanes, and bring their car seats, or hold them on their laps, but they aren’t sure if the child is as safe as they can be. The Scenera Next Convertible Car Seat is certified for use on aircrafts! This will give all those traveling Mom’s a little extra piece of mind! The car seat is light weight making it easy to take when traveling or transferring between cars.
What is better than the great price point of the Scenera? What about winning one! There are 3 ways you can win one:
- Enter through their Cosco Kids Facebook Page.
- Enter through their Twitter Account.
- Enter here on my blog, by filling out the form below. Good Luck!
Enter to WIN a Cosco Kids Scenera Convertible Car Seat!
Ends August 29, 2015. Open to Canada Only. Enter via the giveaway form below
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Cosco. All opinions are strictly my own.