No matter how hard you try sometimes you may still find yourself sick. Blame it on the kids bringing home germs from school or that guy sitting across from you on the train sneezing everywhere. It is nearly impossible to protect yourself 100% of the time from cold and flu viruses. For the times we do end up sick, it is important to be part of the solution to stop germs from spreading even more. No-one likes THAT co-worker, you know the one who comes into work coughing, leaving a trail of tissues behind wherever they go. The one you wish just please, please, please go home before you make everyone else sick. Here are some “sick-etiquette” tips to help ensure that even if you get sick, you are not spreading it around.
- Wash your hands often – use hot water and lots of soap to wash your hands especially after touching around your nose and mouth
- Take a sick day – I know, no-one likes calling in sick, it just means there is even more work to do when you get back. However getting some extra rest to help your immune system fight off the virus will get you back to yourself faster, and stop the spread of germs to your colleagues
- Disinfect your desk – Think back, when is the last time you disinfected your workspace? If you are like me… you can’t remember when. Grab some disinfecting wipes and clean your keyboard, mouse, phone and other high contact areas in your workspace
- Toss it in the trash – make sure you are discarding dirty tissues directly in the trash so you are not contaminating other surfaces along the way
- Get vaccinated – get your flu shot to reduce your risk of getting the flu in the first place. It is not fun being sick so taking a few minutes out of your day to get your flu shot is worth it to help prevent 3 days of laying in bed sick. You can get your vaccination at your local Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy, no appointment required
Help stop the spread of germs, and follow these “sick-etiquette” tips to help keep everyone healthy!
To help you fight the flu we are giving away a SDMFluFighters Prize Pack from Shoppers Drug Mart ($150 Value)!
Ends Feb 19, 2016. Open to Canada Only. Enter via the Giveaway Tools form below.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Shoppers Drug Mart. All opinions are strictly my own.