With the arrival of A.C. we decided to change a few things around our house – really what doesn’t change when you have a new baby? So why not throw in a couple of positive lifestyle changes into the mix!
- Decrease ingestion of pesticides/herbicides/fungicides – we are putting too many chemicals into and on our bodies on a daily basis. This is one simple but very effective step in reducing our exposure
- It is not only good for us, but it is good for the environment too – less pollution of soil, water and air
- Supporting local farmers and small businesses – yes some organic produce is shipped from far away (there aren’t very many Banana trees around these parts!) however overall we make an effort to buy locally
- Making connections – at my local organic store (Wanigan) the lady who runs it knows A.C. and I by name, and I feel like they really value our business
- For the future – I want my children, and their children, and their children to have a safe healthy planet to grow up in
For us “Going Organic” is a work in progress, but it is a job that I think is well worth the effort and extra money we will spend. Don’t know where to look for organic shop? Well you can start by checking to see if there is a Whole Foods Market near you. Whole Foods Market has stores In Canada, the U.S. and U.K and is dedicated to selling the highest quality natural and organic products on the market. The closest one to us is about 30 mins away, I wish we had one in town! They offer a wide variety of goods from Meats and Produce to health & beauty and cleaning supplies. It really is a one stop shop to help you take a step towards a healthier lifestyle. Their website is full of useful information on products that they offer and many yummy recipes – I am looking forward to trying the Peach-Mango Popsicles this summer.
There are almost 300 Whole Foods Markets worldwide, with 6 of those in Canada. You can check out the store locator page to see if there is one near you. U.S. customers are able to shop online as well (lucky!)
To celebrate Going Organic I am giving away a $10 gift certificate to Whole Foods Market. Really what is better than saving on groceries!
Please make sure to include your email address if it is not in your profile, so I can contact you if you win!
– Tell me are you “Going Organic”? What do you buy that is organic? Where is your favorite place to stop for Organic goods?
– Follow Little Miss Kate via Google Friend Connect (publically) and leave a comment under this post letting me know you are a follower
– Like Little Miss Kate Designs on Facebook