When a new year starts many people make resolutions to lose weight. I try to stay away from setting goals that are related to specific weight loss, but rather at just being healthier overall. I have no excuse not to be getting back to the gym and eating well and leading a healthy lifestyle. Not only for me, but also for my boys.
Staying motivated to stay on track can be one of the hardest parts of a healthy lifestyle. For me and many others having a support system can make all of the difference. Not only does it make you accountable to others, but you can share in the progress you make and teach each other tips and tricks. I have used both in person support groups (like the momstown Brampton weight loss challenge) and online support, Kellogg’s has developed an online community My Special K.ca which aims to help you reach your goals.
My Special K offers a variety of tools to help you life a health lifestyle including
- Personalized meal and fitness plans
- Daily tracking of your progress
- Articles to help you stay motivated and positive
My current goals are:
- To go to the gym at least once a week
- Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight
- Eat more fruits & Veggies – I love my carbs and need to focus more on including other food groups into my diet.
- Cut down on the treats – I am a chocoholic and love my chips too. I need to make better choices like the Special K Granola Bars or Snack Crisps to satisfy my chocolate cravings or the Special K Cracker Chips (have you tried the new BBQ flavour – yum!) instead of chips.
So if you are looking for some help and motivation pop over to the My Special K.ca website for some inspiration and support. Lets get healthy together!
You can enter to WIN Kelloggs Free Product Coupons ($30 Value)
Open to Canada only, Ends March 15, 2013
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was sent these complimentary products as part of the Kelloggers Network