Here is what life looks like with 3 kids:
- 5am – Woken up by the baby who wants to nurse. Feed her and sneak in a few more precious minutes of sleep
- 7am – Woken up by my 4 year old who tells me it is time to get his 2 year old brother out of the crib
- 8am – Make everyone breakfast, and then spend the next 30 minutes asking the kids to EAT their breakfast
- 8:30am – Wrangle kids into their clothes and brush teeth. Sometimes after this I feel like I have run a marathon, what about you?
- 9am – Daycare and school drop off, then head back home with the baby
- 10am-3pm – Day flies by in a blur. There are nursing sessions and diaper changes. If I am lucky I might get a load of laundry done, and double bonus if dishes get done
- 3:25 – Ack how is is time for school pick up already, run to school and get there just as the bell goes off
- 4pm – Crap what are we going to have for dinner, mad scramble to the fridge/freezer to try to cobble together a meal
- 5pm – Dang, time for daycare pick up already?!?
- 6pm – Dinner time which involves about a thousand reminders to “Use for fork please”, “We need to sit at the table properly”, “No you are not excused yet, lets sit at the table all together and talk”
- 7pm – Play time with kiddos – puzzles, cars, playdoh, LEGO…. it is impressive how many toys they can play with in under an hour
- 8pm – Marathon #2 of the day: bed time routine including story time “You just went pee get back into bed” and so much more fun
- 9pm – “Me Time” aka spend a few minutes trying to make my house look like 3 small tornadoes did not just pass through it
- 10pm – Head to bed and pray that no one wakes up crying during the night with a sore tummy/ear ache/teething pain…
And repeat. Look familiar? Life with kids is B.U.S.Y. I am excited to announce that for the month of April I have teamed up with Shoppers Drug Mart to remind you to get the most out of life everyday! As part of being a #GettheMostOutofLife blogger I will be sharing important information about health & wellness, fitness, family care and products to help make your life as a mom easier. Plus there are some great prizes to win along the way!Ready to have some fun? Start by heading over and share how to get the most out of life for your chance to WIN a $50 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card! PLUS they are giving away Life Brand prize packs every 3 days. Don’t forget you can enter daily, for more chances to win!
And mark your calendar for a fun and informative #GettheMostOutofLife tweet chat with @ShopprsDrugMart on April 22, 2015 from 12pm-1pm. I am looking forward to tweeting with you then.
I am heading over to check out the post on flu fighting facts, because yes it is spring but the flu is still around. Follow the #GettheMostOutofLife hashtag to keep up with all of the fun all month long.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Shoppers Drug Mart. All opinions are strictly my own.