Nachos are a favourite snack food in our house – baked in the oven, paired with salsa, I have not found a nacho that I didn’t love. Well this week we kicked it up a notch with the Fajita Skillet Dinner recipe from Uncle Ben’s! I think this is my new favourite to pair with nacho chips. This recipe is filling enough to serve as dinner for the family or put out as a snack at a party. The kids LOVED it, and thought it was great that they got to have nacho chips with dinner!
Here is what you need to make the Fajita Skillet:
- 1Tbsp Oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2Tbsp Tex-Mex spice blend or Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Uncle Bens Natural Select Spanish Style Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Refried beans
- 1 ½ Shredded Cheese, preferably Tex-Mex blend
- ¼ Cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Bag of Nacho Chips
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, red pepper, onion and spice blend and cook until chicken in browned
- Add in rice and water and stir until evenly coated. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the refried beans. Sprinkle with cheese and cover. Cook on medium heat until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions and serve with nacho chips
This would be a great dish to have out at a party as it taste great hot or cold. It also makes delicious leftovers! Pack some to take for lunch along with nacho chips and just heat in the microwave and enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out all the other family friendly recipes on the Uncle Ben’s Facebook page as part of the Ben’s Beginners contest including Bean Burritos with Spanish Rice & Sausage and Rice Frittata. And make sure to get your entries in by May 5, 2011 for your chance to WIN 1o f 3 $15,000 Family Vacations! With 36 recipes to choose from I know you will find one (or more) your family will love.
Disclosure: I am part of the Ben’s Beginners Program. All opinions are strictly my own.