There is nothing more sinfully delicious than a good cheesecake. It is one of the rare desserts this chocoholic will welcome with open arms in any flavor or fashion. I have blogged about some of my favourite cheesecake recipes before including Eggnog Cheesecake Bars and Easy Mini Cheesecakes. Lets just say I haven’t met a cheesecake that I didn’t like. Some people think making cheesecake is hard I would disagree, here are some tips for making the perfect cheesecake every time:
- Allow your cream cheese to warm up to room temperature before starting – this will help avoid lumps in your batter and allow all the ingredients to mix together smoothly
- Don’t over mix – mix on low-medium speed just until all ingredients are combined, you don’t want to incorporate too much air into a cheesecake batter
- Don’t Crack Up – cracking of cheesecake is one of the biggest complaints I hear. First, keep the oven moist by adding a pan of water to the oven when baking your cheesecake to help keep it moist. Second, DON’T open the oven! That is why you have a window and a light, use them to check on the progress of your cheesecake rather than opening the door
- Cool Down Slowly – Once you cheesecake is done (firm around the edges with at 2-3 inch wobbly spot in the center) turn off the oven and open the door, but leave the cake inside. This helps bring the temperature down slowly and avoids cracks
Kraft and Philadelphia Cream Cheese want to celebrate everything cheesecake and are on the hunt for the Cheesecake of the Year! Time to get those creative baking juices flowing and create a Cheesecake recipe that will have us all drooling! What you need to do to take part in the Cheesecake of the Year contest?
- Create an original festive Cheesecake recipe – the winning recipe will be featured in a National campaign in December, so it is OK to be festive. Include all the details of your recipe – ingredients, instructions and baking times with your submission.
- Recipe must include Original or light Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, and have a maximum of 20 ingredients
- Must have a maximum preparation time of 2 hours, excluding cooking/cooling/chilling time
- Must use a circular springform pan
- A photo of your creation – get us drooling, we want to see what you have made!
And of course there are some great prizes for entering the Cheesecake of the Year contest including:
- Coupons for FREE Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese for the first 250 eligible entrants
- 5 finalists will receive a trip to Toronto to take part in the Kraft Cheesecake of the Year Bake-Off where they will have a chance to bake their creation for a panel of judges.
- Grand Prize Winner will receive $5000, have their winning recipe featured in a national print campaign, and have bragging rights for life that they hold the title for making 2014 Cheesecake of the Year!
Arm with the tips for making the perfect cheesecake get ready to start your ovens and get baking! With so many varieties it will be easy to come up with an original recipe to create, photograph and then of course ENJOY!!! So head on over to the Philly Canada website and get your submission in by June 20, 2014 12pm EST! Plus I have the perfect giveaway to get you started…
Enter to WIN the Ultimate Cheesecake Package!
Valued at $400 this prize pack will include a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer, spring form pan, spatula, and Philly Cook Book – Everything you need to create the perfect cheesecake recipe!!!
Ends June 24, 2014. Open to Canada Only. Every via the Giveaway Tools form below
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.