It is no secret that we love LEGO around the Little Miss Kate household. I mean we have had a LEGO birthday party, LEGO Cake, and lots of LEGO DUPLO fun. So when I heard about the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour I knew it would be something to check out with the kids. If you have not heard about the tour yet, the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour will let you and your kids experience LEGO like never before! The combination of hands-on building activities and interactive digital experiences means that you can play with your LEGO creations in a whole new way. Ever wanted to meet a Master Builder? Well here is your chance to meet them in person and to ask all of your burning LEGO questions. So what can you expect at the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour? Well lets take a look:
- Master Builder Lab – Learn from the masters. At the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour you have the opportunity to meet a Master Builder (there are only 8 in the world!) and learn some tricks and tips for building LEGO. In the Master builder lab test the strength of your LEGO creations to see how they stand up against different levels of force.
- Bridge Build Challenge – Try out your engineering skills in a group competition to build the strongest LEGO bridge. We didn’t take part in this ourselves, but really enjoyed watching a competition. It is impressive to watch a LEGO bridge hold over 100lbs of weight that is for sure!
- Brick Pit – It sounds simple enough, a huge pile of LEGO bricks, but the kids had a BLAST in this area. When else are you going to be able to be buried in LEGO bricks, or build massive structures and never run out of the bricks you need!
- LEGO Video Games – test out the newest video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Life-Sized LEGO Models – Ever wonder what a life size LEGO Darth Vader looks like? Wonder no more at the LEGO Imagination tour. Snap a selfie with Yoda or take a ride in a LEGO car. With 20 incredible LEGO sculptures you will be amazed with what you can build with LEGO
- Digitally Enhanced Building Pavilions – These were my favourite stations of the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour, because you can’t experience anything like these at home. You can bring LEGO creations to life in four areas where children create a LEGO City, LEGO Elves, LEGO Friends, or LEGO NINJAGO™ themed model, scan it into the game and enjoy a 60-second gaming experience featuring their custom creation. How cool is it to build your own Ninja Dojo and then defend that very structure in a video game?
- Build & Showcase – There are designated areas for you to build & showcase LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO Star Wars™, or LEGO Minecraft models complete with all of the pieces you need to make an awesome creation. The staff was also great at helping out or giving some inspiration when needed.
And don’t worry this event has something for builders of all ages. Baby Roo loved the DUPLO area, while Monkey blasted off in to outer space with the Star Wars LEGO. My mom enjoyed helping the kids build their creations and also checking out the many life-sized LEGO models that were on display.
The LEGO Imagine Nation Tour has 4 more stops across Canada, and is NOT to be missed! The remaining tours stops are:
- August 12-14: Montréal | Palais des Congrѐs de Montréal
- September 9-11: Calgary | BMO Centre
- September 30-October 2: Vancouver | Vancouver Convention Centre
- October 14-16: Toronto | Metro Toronto Convention Centre
The Tour is broken up into 4 hour sessions. You purchase tickets for 1 specific session and can come and go as you please during that time. Bring a stroller if you need to, and bring some snacks so you can refuel and then get back to building. We stayed for our entire session and all the kids had a blast playing and building the entire time. At some of the stations you also get a small take away LEGO toy to continue your playing and building at home which I thought was a nice touch.
Follow all the excitement on the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour Facebook Page. Make sure you check out the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour as this is a unique event unlike any other, and have fun “building” some wonderful memories!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour. All opinions are strictly my own.