- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2.5 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 bottle (355 mL) VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Peas, drained
- 1 can Corn, drained
- 2 1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
1. In a large frying pan cook oil, onions and celery over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add in ground beef, cook until fully browned.
2. In the meantime, place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water. Boil until cooked through, and then drain. Add in butter and milk, mash.
3. Once meat is browned, drain any excess fat. Add flour, stir until well mixed. Add Soya Sauce, VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce, Tomato Sauce and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, partially covered, until slightly thickened.4. Spray 9″x13″ baking dish with oil. Spread meat mixture in dish. Layer with peas and corn. Top evenly with mashed potatoes.
5. Bake covered with foil at 350°F oven until heated through and bubbling around edges, about 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 5-10 mins to brown the top if desired.