Normally when I think desserts I automatically start thinking about what I can bake… with chocolate. Because a dessert is not a dessert if it does not have chocolate! My default potluck dessert used to be brownies or some sort of squares that were easy to transport – that is until I discovered this amazing Apple Caramel Fruit Dip! Now don’t let the name of the recipe fool you, there is still chocolate in there too, but there is also a deliciously creamy dip and apple slices to help make me feel a little less guilty about enjoying my dessert!
This Apple Caramel Fruit Dip is always a hit with the kids, and since it is so easy to make I don’t mind whipping it up even when we don’t have a potluck to go to. Want to try it yourself, here is what you need:
- 1 pkg (250g) Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tub (250g) Caramel Dip (available in the fruit & vegetable section of the grocery store)
- 5 Skor Chocolate Bars, chopped finely
- 5-6 Apples or Pears, cored and sliced
- Blend cream cheese and brown sugar together and spread on flat plate to ¼" thickness
- Spread a layer of caramel dip on top, if you find that the caramel dip is difficult to spread microwave it for 20 seconds to soften
- Sprinkle with Skor bits on top
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Enjoy with Apples or Pears!
In 10 minutes you can have this crowd pleasing snack or dessert that both grown-ups and kids will love!
With only 5 ingredients this potluck dessert is easy to make and you can get the kids involved with the mixing and spreading. So give this Apple Caramel Dip Recipe a try, and trust me you will LOVE it!