My love for chocolate and peanut butter knows no bounds. I have shared several recipes of this delectable combination on the blog in the past, and and i am sure you will see more in the future too. Today’s recipe is a simple and easy dessert idea that is perfect for this busy time of year. Our calendar is already filling up with parties and celebrations, most of which we will be bringing a dish to. I am always on the look out for recipes that taste great, travel well, and are easy to make. This working mama of 3 does not have a ton of extra time on her hands for fussy recipes. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bites will be a guaranteed hit with kids and adults alike. What is not to love about chocolate chip cookie, peanut butter cups and Gay Lea Real Dark Chocolate Caramel Whipped Cream.
Yep you read that right Gay Lea has released a new addition to is real whipped cream line up. Now in addition to the real whipped cream, light whipped cream and coconut whipped cream you can dress up desserts with Real Dark Chocolate Caramel Whipped Cream. While still light and fluffy this whipped cream also has a rich dark chocolate flavour with a touch of caramel sweetness added in. It would be a “sweet” addition to a hot apple pie, or even to top off some waffles for a special brunch.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bites only need 3 ingredients and take less then 30 minutes to make (including baking time). I made these with the help of my 4 year old, and love being able to get my kids involved in the kitchen. This recipe requires minimal dishes so you don’t need to worry about a big clean up after making it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bites Recipe
- 1 package of refrigerated cookie dough
- 12-15 Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Gay Lea Real Dark Chocolate Caramel Whipped Cream
- Take cookie dough out of the fridge about 20-30 minutes before you want to start making this dessert to allow it to warm up a bit. This makes it easier for form
- Grease a mini muffin pan lightly with oil
- Spread a layer of cookie dough around the outside of each cup leaving space in the centre
- Place a mini peanut butter cup in the centre of each cookie
- Top with another layer of cookie dough to cover
- Bake at 350oC for 8-10 or until cookies are golden brown around the edges
- Allow cookies to cool in the pan completely before removing (put the pan in the fridge if you need to speed up the cooling process)
- Once cooled, gently twist the cookies to help loosen the sides and remove from pan
- Top with Dark Chocolate Caramel Whipped Cream and serve immediately
This dessert travels well which makes it a great option for pot lucks. To make these ahead of time, bake the cookies as directed above but don’t top with the whipped cream until you are ready to serve. Don’t wait too long to pick up your Gay Lea Real Dark Chocolate Caramel Whipped Cream it is only available until Dec 31, 2016, and you don’t want to miss out!
Now excuse me while I go an indulge in another chocolate peanut butter cup cookie!
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Gay Lea and I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.