Need a last minute Easter dessert that is sure to make an impression? Why not make these EASY Mini Cheesecakes? With only 5 ingredients plus whatever decorations you choose you likely have everything you need to make these in your kitchen already! Best of all, there is no fussing with a spring form pan or worrying about if the crust will hold up this Kraft Canada Easter Dessert recipe is so simple anyone can make it!
Here is what you need to make these adorable Easter Dessert Mini Cheesecakes
- 2 pkg (250g) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature (regular or light)
- ½ coup of sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 12-15 Sandwich Cookies any flavor you like
- Shoestring licorice if making baskets
- Flake Chocolate Bar if making eggs nest
- Decorations – small candies, chocolates or fruit
- Preheat your oven to 350oF
- Line muffin tray with 12-15 medium sized paper liners
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- One at a time add in the eggs mixing on low speed until just blended.
- Place cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over cookies until ¼ - ½ inch from the top of paper liner
- Bake for 20 minutes until centers are almost set.
- Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before decorating.
Only having a small group over? Just cut the recipe in half to make a small batch of these mouth watering treats. Once the cheese cakes are cooled the fun begins… Decorating! Get creative on how you would like embellish these delightful cakes. Create baskets by inserting the ends of a short piece of shoestring licorice to create a handle. Then fill your basket with coconut, jelly beans, chocolate eggs or fruit.
Want to create a birds nest? Coarsely chop a Flake chocolate bar and pile on the cheese cake to create the nest. Top with chocolate eggs or jelly beans to create a birds nest.
Looking for more Easter Dessert ideas? Pop over to the Kraft Canada website to look at all the great suggestions including a beautiful Rainbow layer cake!
I hope you have a wonderful long weekend! Happy Easter.
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.