I always get caught off guard when Easter falls in March instead of April. It is coming up fast, just over 2 weeks away! I thought I would share this cute Easter recipe with you that kids LOVE making. Easter Rice Krispies Nests are easy to make, and a family favorite, they won’t last long around your house I promise you!
Rice Krispies treas are a family favorite around our house. Hubby doesn’t like many desserts, however this is one his top choices and they always seem to disappear quickly! I always make sure to keep the ingredients on hand to whip up a bunch.
This is a great recipe to get the kids involved in the kitchen. The can help measure, stir, and make the nests. I know my little Monkey loves to get hands on in the kitchen, I just have to make sure his hands are clean before we start!
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Eggs in foil wrappers
- Marshmallow Birds
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Melt Butter and Marchnallows in microwave safe bowl at medium power stirring every 30 seconds until combined
- Mix in Rice Krispies 1 cup at a time
- Press into greased muffin tins, use thumbs to press down the centre to make nest shape
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles if desired, and top with chocolate eggs and marshmallow birds
Get creative in the kitchen and make up some of these festive treats for Easter… or any time really!
Disclosure: I was sent these complimentary products as part of the Kelloggers Network