I.Love.Cheesecake. I have never met a cheesecake I didn’t like, but sometimes I like to change up my cheesecake indulgence a little. When it comes to cheesecake you are not just limited to the traditional large round cheesecake. You can make them into bars, mini cheesecakes or even tarts. But this recipe might be my all time favourite twist on cheescake – Cheesecake Brownies! Nothing can satisfy my love of chocolate and my cheesecake cravings like one of these delicious little brownies!
Not only are cheesecake brownies scrumptious they are so easy to make! Invited over for a last minute play date or having your girl friends over for a cup of tea? The prep time to make these is under 20 minutes, then just bake and serve. With only 5 ingredients you probably already have everything you need to make them at home already. Here is what you need to make this easy Cheesecake Brownie recipe:
- 1 Package of Brownie Mix and the ingredients to make the brownies (usually eggs and oil)
- ½ pkg (125g) of Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Prepare brownie mix as per directed on the package and pour into greased pan.
- In a separate bowl combine cream cheese and sugar until blended and smooth. If any lumps remain microwave in 10 second increments and stir until they are gone.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter and swirl with a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the center of the pan is set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares, keep refrigerated
You can store the cheesecake brownies in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Not that I think they would ever last that long! You could also try different variations of these brownies. Love Mint? Add a teaspoon of mint extract and a few drops of green food colouring to the cream cheese mixture to create mint chocolate cheesecake brownies. Another variation would be to use chocolate cream cheese for Double Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies. You just can’t go wrong, so give them a try and let me know what cheesecake brownie combinations you come up with.