Looking for a easy yet tasty homemade lunch or snack idea? Sometimes it can be hard to recreate the delicious store-bought items, but I am here to tell you today, that Pizza Buns is not one of those items. With this easy homemade pizza buns recipe you will be enjoying hot fresh out of the oven pizza buns in no time! So what is the secret to making these pizza buns so tasty? It is in the sauce of course! The new line of RESERVA by CLASSICO pasta sauces are perfect for making mouthwatering meals at home.
These easy Homemade Pizza Buns inspired by Kraft Whats Cooking were a hit with the family and took under 10 minutes to prepare. The RESERVA by CLASSICO pasta sauces are made with high-quality ingredients and offer restaurant-quality taste right at home. I love garlic at home, and the aroma of the RESERVA Roasted Garlic had my stomach growling as soon as I opened the jar. Made with extra vergin olive oil and sea salt with no preservatives or added sugars this pasta sauce has a full flavour that will take any recipe to the next level.
I love getting the kids involved in the kitchen, and this recipe is a great one to let them help out. From rolling the dough to layering the toppings there are lots of ways to get the kids involved in making this tasty snack. You can make this ahead of time and store in the fridge for the kids to take as school lunches or enjoy as an after school snack. But don’t be fooled, adults love these pizza buns just as much as the kids making them a great option for potlucks as well.
Homemade Pizza Buns Recipe
- 1 lb. Pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ¾ cup Classico Riserva Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Cheese, grated (Mozzarella or cheddar, your choice)
- 3 Tbsp. Kraft 100% Parmesan Aged Grated Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425ºF.
- Roll out pizza dough to 12-inch square. Can lightly floured surface so dough dos not stick
- Brush rolled out dough with oil and then layer pasta sauce, toppings (optional), and cheeses to within ½ inch of edges
- Roll up up pizza dough to create a log and cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Place, cut sides down, in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes then use a knife to gently cut apart the pizza buns to serve.
Make sure the pizza dough is at room temperature for easy rolling. If it is too cold it will not stretch out. If you are short on time warm the dough in the microwave on 50% power for 20 second intervals flipping each time until it is soft. You can customize these homemade pizza buns with any toppings you desire. Add in pepperoni, diced onions or peppers, fresh basil to add in more flavour and create variety. Serve with a side of warmed Classico RISERVA Roasted Garlic sauce for dipping.
With the Classico RISERVA sauces you can’t go wrong. For more recipe inspiration check out the RISERVA by CLASSICO Recipes. These simply delicious sauces and recipes will have you cooking up tasty meals in no time. And if you need more tried and tested family friendly recipes take hop over to Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas, Meat Lovers Meatballs Subs, and One Pan Lasagna Skillet recipes.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by KraftHeinz Canada. All opinions are strictly my own.