Looking for a refreshing non-alcoholic summer beverage? Then look no further then Homemade Strawberry Lemonade. This easy and quick recipe is perfect to prepare when you have guests over for a summer BBQ. And really, is there fruit more summery than strawberries? While I love lemonade this sweet twist to a classic beverage is a hit with the adults and the kids. My boys loved the Strawberry Lemonade that I had to make sure they shared with everyone else.
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
This Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade recipe is quick to make, which is perfect for after a long hot day at work or summer camp (for the kids). No boiling required, just a quick blend of the strawberries in a blender, I used my Magic Bullet, and mix everything together and chill. Want a glass right away? Then just serve in a glass filled with ice and enjoy this sweet refreshing cool down.
- 2 Cups of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup of Strawberries, chopped
- ½ Cup + 1 tbsp of Sugar
- 6 cups of warm water
- In a blender place strawberries, 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of water. Pulse blender until the strawberries are pureed and no chunks remain
- In a large pitcher place 5 cups of warm water, add in ½ cup of sugar. Stir until dissolved
- Add in the 2 cups of lemon juice, and strawberry puree
- Stir to mix all ingredients together, and chill in fridge.
- If you want to enjoy immediately, serve over a glass filled with ice
I used sugar for this strawberry lemonade, however you can use honey, sugar or other sweeteners if you prefer. Don’t have strawberries on hand? You can make this recipe with other fruit including raspberries for raspberry lemonade.
If you like limes over lemons and want to make a limeade, substitute the lemon juice for lime juice and prepare in the same way for a tangy summer beverage. Now I said at the beginning of the post that is is a non-alcoholic summer beverage, and while that might be true that doesn’t mean that it has to be non-alcoholic! Transform this strawberry lemonade recipe into a summer cocktail by adding your choice of alcohol when you serve. Vodka, tequila or rum would work well.