Feelin’ hot, hot, HOT! I know I can’t be the only one loving this summer heat. So far this summer we have enjoying swimming, canoeing, trips to the park, picnics, fun at the beach and more. And we are only half way through summer! While having so much fun outside I have to make sure the kids are staying cool. Little Bear runs hotter then most kids so making sure he stops to take a little break while enjoying the outdoors in important. That is easier said then done, he is a very busy 2 year old, who loves to run run run! One way to get him to pause for a few moments to to break out one of our Easy Summer Frozen Desserts that we can all enjoy together. With so many different ideas from Kraft Canada we have had fun trying out a few, one of our favourites is the Frozen Chocolate and Banana Pops.
The Frozen Chocolate and Banana Pops are easy to make and only require a few ingredients, most (if not all) I am sure you already have at home. The kids will love to help assemble these pops, and the hardest part is going to be waiting for them to freeze before you eat them! Here is what you need to make them yourself.
Frozen Chocolate and Banana Pops
- 3 Tbsp. Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1½ cups Cold Milk
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- Place 3 oz plastic cups on a baking tray. Add 1-2 tsp of Mini Chocolate Chips to cover the bottom of the cup in a single layer.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in a bowl for 2 minutes with a whisk.
- Stir in mashed bananas. If you want your pops super smooth you could also puree the bananas so there are no lumps
- Pour or spoon mixture into cups and fill ¾ full
- Cover cups with foil and insert wooden popsicle stick in the center to create a handle (the foil helps prevent the stick from falling over)
- Freeze at least 5 hours or until firm.
I found the 3 oz cups at my local grocery store in the isle with the disposable dinnerware. To get the pops out of the cups, just press up on the bottom to get the sides to release.
Looking for more summer dessert inspiration, why not try Frozen Pudding Dots as a topper for your next ice cream sundae!
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.