Hubs love omelets, he has one almost every day for breakfast. However they do take precious time to prepare and cook when he could be getting a few more minutes of sleep (Yes every minute counts, I am the snooze button queen). However now we can prepare breakfast for whole week in under 15 minutes, plus 20 minutes to cook! This Ham and Tomato Egg Breakfast Muffin Recipe is easy to make and is Hubs & kid approved.
- 10 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼-1/2 Cup Maple Leaf Black Forest Ham, diced into small cubes
- ¼ Cup Green Onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup Tomato, chopped
- ¼ Cup Cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Makes 12 Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, generously spray a 12 cup muffin tin with oil to coat
- Beat the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper together in a medium size bowl or large liquid measuring cup
- Fill the bottoms of your muffin tin (about ⅓ of each individual tin) with the ham, geen onion, and tomatoes
- Pour over the egg mixture until each cup is ¾ full or a little more (they will rise)
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each cup
- Place in the over and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes and run a knife around the outside edge before removing from pan
Refrigerate the “muffins” for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Hubs likes his with a little Franks Red Hot Sauce, and the kids enjoy dipping in ketchup. You can customize your Egg Breakfast muffins by adding in different “mix-ins” including peppers, mushrooms, bacon or spinach. These Ham and Tomato Egg Breakfast Muffins are a quick and healthy way to get the protein you need to start your day.
Do you enjoy a hot breakfast during the week, or do you save them only for weekends?