I will be the first to admit I was a little skeptical when I first heard about the new flavours of Kraft Peanut Butter. I mean, who messes with peanut butter it is so perfect just all on its own! Smooth, Crunchy, that is all I need. And to mix stuff into your Peanut Butter, how good is that going to taste?!? Telling Hubs about the new flavours he started laughing at me. You see I grew up on Honey AND Peanut Butter sandwiches, they were the only sandwich I would take to school for years. Oh, and who else here has had “Ants on a Log” or a PB and Banana sandwich for an after school snack? *Raises Hand* Hmmm well maybe Kraft is on to something with their 4 new flavours:
I had a chance to try out the new flavours, and were they ever tasty! I don’t see them replacing my Kraft crunchy peanut butter, but they are a welcome addition to the family. Oh and baking with the new flavours… well I made some of the most delicious & chewy granola bars I have ever tasted! I adapted the Cinnamon Raisin-Peanut Butter Granola Bars recipe on the Kraft website for ingredients that I had on hand and they turned out so well! Quick and simple to make I am already on my second batch as the first one disappeared so fast! Here is my Granola Bar Recipe:
- 1 cup Kraft Peanut Butter with Cinnamon Granola Raisin
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 cup Raisins
- ½ cup Ground Flax Meal
- ¼ Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- To plump up raisins soak in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Mix Peanut Butter, Honey and Oil in large bowl
- Add in Oats, Ground Flax, Chocolate Chips and Raisins
- Press into a 9" parchment lined square pan
- Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to completely cook before lifting out of pan and cutting
Be warned, these are addictive. However since they are so easy to make I don’t mind!
So what do you think? Have you tried any of the new Peanut Butter Flavours? Which one do you think you would like the best?
Disclosure: I was provided with a sample of this product from Kraft Canada. All opinions are strictly my own.