With Thanksgiving only a few days away Pumpkin is on everyone’s mind… From soups to lattes no matter where you turn there are pumpkin inspired recipes at hand. But there is only one true classic Pumpkin king – Pumpkin Pie! A staple at our Thanksgiving dinner table Pumpkin Pie is a family favourite that we normally only have once a year. Well I think that is about to change, these Mini Pumpkin Pies are so easy to make you can whip them up in a flash all year long. And the sweet surprise of a tasty cream cheese layer in these tarts will have your family asking for seconds!
- 1 pkg frozen tart shells (12 shells)
- 125 g (1/2 of 250g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place tart shells on baking sheet.
- Mix softened cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 egg in small bowl with whisk until blended; spoon evenly into bottom of tart shells.
- Mix pumpkin, ½ cup of sugar, 1 egg and spice together until blended.
- Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Bake 40 min. or until centres are set. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate until your are ready to serve, top with Cool Whip and enjoy!
You can either spoon out the Cool Whip onto the Mini Pumpkin Pies when you are ready to serve or place in a piping bag with a large star tip to pipe out onto pies. If you love nuts you can also sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Need some more pumpkin inspiration??? Check out the mouth watering Pumpkin Recipes over at What’s Cooking to find delicious desserts that will be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving Feast!
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.