As a self professed chocoholic it is not really a surprise that Halloween is one of my favourite times of year. Stores filled with aisles of chocolates of all varieties and sizes… it is like a little piece of heaven. Not only can you dive into the chocolates as is, but there are some really fun and creative Halloween treats you can make with them as well. These spooktacular Spider Halloween Treats are easy to make and kid-friendly. They are peanut-free and travel well making them an excellent choice to take into school or daycare for a Halloween party.
- 5-6 Cups Puffed Rice Cereal
- 40 Large Marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 12 Nestle ScAERO Snack Size Bars
- 24 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 Tbsp White Chocolate, melted
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk Chocolate, melted
- Grease 9"x13" pan and put aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add marshmallows and butter. Microwave on medium power for 20 seconds and stir. Repeat until completely melted.
- Stir in vanilla. Add cereal 1 cup at a time and stir. Press into the pan to create the base, and smooth the top.
- Pipe melted white chocolate pipe onto the back of each chocolate chip and then place 2 chips on one end of the ScAERO bar to create eyes and let set for 10 minutes.
- Pipe a line of white chocolate on the bottom of the ScAERO bar and then place onto the cereal bars in a 3x4 grid - this will "glue" down the spider body
- Pipe using a find tip or a sandwich page with a very small hole the milk chocolate to create 4 legs on each side of the spider.
- Allow to set for 1 hour and then cut into squares so there is 1 spider per square and enjoy!
Kids and adults will LOVE these treats. A classic favourite with a Halloween twist! Nestle has spooked up its chocolate bar line up just in time for Halloween. Scary Bars including ScAERO, COFFIN CRISP, SCARIES and KIT KAT are available in stores now in both full size and mini chocolate bar format.
So have some fun with the kids in the Kitchen this Halloween and create your own Spooktacular Spider Halloween Treats that the whole family will love.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are strictly my own.