It is finally starting to feel like spring. I can see patches of grass on my front lawn now that the piles and piles of snow are melting, and I even heard the bird chirping when I got out of bed this morning! What is one of the tastiest parts of springtime? Fresh Maple Syrup! I am hoping the weather will cooperate this weekend so that we can take the boys to the sugar bush to see how Maple Syrup is made. I need to replenish our stock or real maple syrup so that I can make some of the tasty maple recipes that I have found on the What’s Cooking site.
I gave the Maple Glazed Carrots recipe a test run this weekend, as I am thinking of making it for Easter dinner, and were they ever a hit! This easy to make vegetable side dish is perfect if you are hosting or if you need to bring a item to an event. With only 5 ingredients you likely have most of them in your kitchen right now, and you can prep the Maple Glazed Carrots ahead of time and re-heat right before serving. The subtle sweet maple flavor will make this dish a favourite with adults and kids alike.
- 2 lbs Baby Carrots (one large bag)
- ¼ cup Kraft Calorie-wise Catalina Dressing (or regular if you prefer)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Margarine or Butter
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile in another small saucepan mix Catalina Dressing and Maple Syrup. Cook on medium-low heat for 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally, until hot and bubbly.
- Pour glaze over carrots and cook over medium-low heat for 5 mins or until glaze is thickened to desired consistency. Stir frequently.
- Stir in butter or margarine. Stir in pecans (optional) and serve. If preparing a head of time add pecans just prior to reheating.
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.