I LOVE homemade lasagna, what I don’t love is how long it takes to make. Normally making lasagna is a half day adventure of preparing the ingredients, assembling the lasagna and then finally getting it in to the oven to bake. There is no way I could make it on a weeknight for the family, so until recently Lasagna was resigned to a weekend only meal. I was excited to discover Weeknight Lasagna Toss from Kraft Canada. This quick and easy lasagna recipe allows you to have all of the delicious flavour of traditional lasagna in a faction of the time!
- ¾lb – 1lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Sweet Pepper, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 jar (645mL) Pasta Sauce
- 1⅔ cups of Water
- ¼ cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 12 Lasagna Noodles, broken into quarters
- 1 cup Kraft 4 Cheese Italiano Shredded Cheese
- Brown meat and onions in a deep frying pan or large sauce pan, drain any excess fat
- Add in peppers, garlic, pasta sauce, water and dressing. Bring to a boil
- Add in noodles and stir. Simmer on med-low head for 10-15 minutes until noodles are tender. Stir occasionally to make sure they don't stick together or to the bottom of the pan
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 mins until cheese is melted
Kraft Canada has great inspiration for Lasagna recipes including Slow-cooker lasagna and Chilli & Cheese Lasagna. With all the great ideas I am sure you will find one that your family will love, just as much as my boys loved the Weeknight Lasagna Toss!
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.