As a Mom with boys, we have a large supply of cars and vehicle toys of all shapes and sizes. And whenever I suggest playing with their toy cars they come running! This is a sure fire way to keep them engaged and interacting with whatever I suggest. Cars are fun. Cars with Mom? Awesome.
When we are playing I sometimes let them lead, and then sometimes do some play based learning as well. It is easy to sneak in some learning while playing with Hot Wheels. Here are some of the ways we incorporate it in our play time. Here are 5 educational games for kids that you can play with your hot wheels cars:
2. Sort the cars. Give them a pile of Hot Wheels, and let them organize them by size, colours, types of vehicles, etc.
4. Find Matches. Do they have some that are the same? Get them to match them up. If they don’t, you can say can you find 2 red ones. Or ask them to match them up, and when they find a match ask them what makes it a match.
5. Use the Fundamentals program from Hot Wheels. The FUNdamentals Learning Project was created for kids in Kindergarden and Grade one. It helps them learn basic skills, including counting, colouring language, patterns etc. They have designed it for at home, and in the classroom, to work together to help the kids get the most out of the program, and comes with lesson plans for math, science, visual arts and language. There are also booklets, and a city scape that you can download as well as working through the lesson plans.
The Summer Activity Cityscape:
1) Gives you and your child a glimpse of what the Hot Wheels FUNdamentals program is about, in a collection of fun and interactive activities for you to do together
2) Incorporates basic skills such as counting, colouring, language, patterns and more
3) Can be shared with your child’s classroom as an exciting way to introduce and engage other parents and children with the program
4 ) Allows your child to assemble and display their very own 3D Summer Activity Cityscape
In Ontario, the schools are going more and more to play based learning and are incorporating this type of activity for the kids. Hot Wheels is focusing on getting the FUNdamentals Learning Project into schools, as well as homes!educational games with hot wheels toy cars for kids
Have fun playing and learning with the kids this summer with these simple ideas. What games do your kids love to play with their cars?
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Hot Wheels. All opinions are strictly my own.