Keeping kids busy all summer long is a daunting task for any parent. Recently the Canadian Toy Association presented the “Hot Toys of Summer 2014” – a look at indoor and outdoor toys from all different companies that will keep your children occupied and entertained all summer long! I had a chance to bring the boys to look at all of the toys and here were some of their favorites:
- Crayola Sidewalk Chalk – from creating roads for bikes to ride on to decorating our back patio, the possibilities are endless with sidewalk chalk. Crayola has made sure that kids have the same vibrant colours they find in the crayon box in their sidewalk chalk to help them create bright and bold creations
- My 1st Sports – Golf and T-Ball Set – the boys loved testing out their sports skills with these 2 fun playsets. Monkey really got into practicing his swing at T-Ball, while Little Bear tried his hand at Golf. He will be hitting the golf course with Papa in no time!
- Mega Bloks First Builders Jeep 3-in-1 Ride-On – Anything that moves is a huge hit with Little Bear, and he was quick to hop on the Jeep and start riding around. The storage compartment under the seat is perfect for bloks, or any treasures you find along your adventures.
- LEGO Juniors Race Car Rally – Monkey is graduating from the LEGO DUPLO stage up to the LEGO Juniors! He loved playing with the race cars and the minifigure drivers that come with this set. I literally had to tear him away from them when it was time to leave. This would be a perfect rainy day activity when you can’t get outside to play.
- Power Wheels Thomas & Friends Thomas with Track – Little Bear was quick to spot this Thomas the train and must have done 20 laps of the track before we could get him off so other kids could have a try. Bring the fun of Power Wheels inside and have a ride with Thomas with this easy to drive power train. It took Little Bear less than 10 seconds to figure out how to make Thomas go. The train can be used on or off the track for even more fun adventures.
- Planes Fire & Rescue U-Command Dusty – Ever the Planes fan, this was the first toy Monkey spotted went we arrived. Complete with a working propeller and sound effects he had a blast racing Dusty around. We stuck to the basic joystick operations, but you can program Dusty to carry out a “flight plan” of your choice along the ground too.
Looking for more summer toy ideas? Visit the Canadian Toy association website for a full list of the Hot Toys of Summer 2014 to keep the kids busy all summer long. What toys do you think your kids will be playing with this summer?