I have been asked several times before why I am a CAA Member, as when I bought my car in 2010 it came with a roadside assistance plan. A friend made a comment to me that I could get rid of my CAA membership now, ummm… No Way! Not only does CAA Roadside Assistance cover me no matter what vehicle I am in, there are so many other benefits to being a CAA Member it literally pays for itself!
Don’t believe me that having a CAA membership pays for itself? Let’s take a look at some of the activities and shopping I have done/will be doing this summer with CAA Partners, and the CAA savings and CAA Dollars® to be had:
- Trip to the Toronto Zoo – Save 10% on regular priced admission when you show your CAA at the gate – Savings for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) with CAA = $9.20
- Getting wild at African Lion Safari – Save 10% on regular priced admission when you show your CAA at the gate – Savings for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) with CAA = $11.78
- Shopping for sandals for the boys at Payless Shoes – Save 10% on regular priced merchandise – Savings with CAA = $3.24
- Dinner out with the family at East Side Mario’s – Save 10% off your bill (excluding alcohol) – Savings with CAA = $6.43
- Shoe Shopping for Hubs at SportCheck – Earn up to 6% back in CAA Dollars – CAA Dollars earned =$3.30
- Snack time with Kernels Popcorn – Received a large popcorn for the price of a medium – Savings with CAA = $1.60 (may vary depending on flavour)
- Shopping online at Walmart.ca – Earn up to 4% back in CAA Dollars – CAA Dollars earned = $4.67
- Hotel Stay at the Courtyard Marriott – Save a minimum of 5% on the best available rate – Savings with CAA = $11.70
- Shopping online for iced tea pitcher at Teavana – Earn up to 8% back in CAA Dollars – CAA Dollars earned = $3.99
- Shopping for summer clothes at the Gap Outlet – Save 10% off including sale merchandise – Savings with CAA = $8.26
- A visit to the Ontario Science Centre – Save 10% when you pre-purchase your tickets online – Savings for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) with CAA = $7.00
The grand total…. $59.21 saved with my CAA Membership and $11.96 CAA Dollars earned!!! A basic CAA membership only costs $70 and in less than 3 months I will have saved money and earned CAA Dollars to more than cover the cost of the membership! And that total does not even take into account the bonus Petro-points From Petro Canada and other fuel savings at Husky. With so many great partners there are ways for everyone to save with CAA!
The value a CAA membership offers is enormous – All of those savings are on things we were doing/buying anyway, and that doesn’t even take in to consideration the peace of mind and the support you will get if you ever do need Roadside Assistance. CAA is so much more than just a tow truck to help you with a flat tire! Take a moment to check out all the benefits of having a CAA membership and the huge list of CAA partners that offer savings and discounts for every part of your life and sign up today!
Disclosure: I’m participating in the CAA South Central Ontario Spot the Partner program with SJ Consulting. All opinions are 100% my own.