It is hard to believe that it is November already, I feel like October disappeared into thin air between Thanksgiving, the ShesConnected Conference, and Halloween. With the cool air settling in I was not surprised to see A.C. with his first runny nose of the cold & flu season. It is amazing how quickly the runny noses set in, 1 cool Fall day and every kid in his daycare class should be running around with a box of Kleenex in hand at all times. I am sure that cold was just one of the many he will battle over the coming winter months.
This year we are going to try to work on hand hygiene with A.C. a little more since he is getting old enough to understand more. Covering you mouth when you cough or sneeze has been slow to catch on no matter how many times we remind him. However, hand washing has been going very well, especially since we started potty training. Once we got all of the “essentials” in place – step stool, Lysol No-Touch Dispenser he is happy to wash his hands every time we suggest, and has started to remember on his own as well.
With the arrival of Baby #2 just in time for peak cold & flu season, we are going to be using these great tips from Lysol to try to keep my family healthy:
- Get your flu shot – I will confess this is still on my “To Do” list, I get one every year
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover up when you cough or sneeze – work in progress with A.C., any tips would be appreciated!
- Keep Shared surface areas clean – door knobs, light switches, keyboards
- If you are sick, stay home – sometimes this is the hardest because we are all so busy. But staying home, not spreading germs and getting healthy is so important.
Here is to a long and hopefully healthy winter!
Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol® Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.