So today I did something a little crazy – I decided to go shopping on Black Friday of all days! Braving the crowds I took Hubs and Baby Roo on an adventure to Square One. I knew it would be busy at the mall with all the deals, however I would have an oasis to get away from all the hustle of the mall in the RBC Avion Holiday. It is much easier to face the holiday crowds with valet parking, coat and parcel check, gift wrapping and more!
I made my list and checked it twice, then we headed out after dropping the boys off at school and daycare. After hitting only 2 stores our stroller was already overflowing with gifts and it was time for Baby Roo to eat. We headed for the RBC Avion Holiday Boutique and were greeted with hot beverages, snacks and a relaxing atmosphere. A welcome change from the busy halls and noisy stores.
One sip of a hot chocolate and you will be hooked too. The RBC Avion Holiday Boutiques have been set up as a way to say thank you to RBC Avion card holders. However, you do not need to be an RBC Avion card holder in order to enjoy the services including valet parking, coat & parcel check, and gift wrapping they are available to everyone for a small fee. Spending a dollar to drop off your coat is well worth it, and all fees for services from non-card holders are donated to local charity.
What can you expect when you step into the RBC Avion Holiday Boutique? Only to be treated like a VIP including
- Valet parking – no fighting for parking spaces, priceless!
- Coat and parcel check – stop lugging around your bags through the mall, keep them safe and secure in the lounge
- VIP lounge and café – enjoy coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cookies
- Concierge services – get gift ideas, shopping suggestions and find out more about the benefits of RBC Avion Card
- Gift wrapping service – pick your choice of wrapping paper and ribbon and have your gifts professionally wrapped. Just make sure to give yourself some time for wrapping as there may be a bit of a wait, a perfect opportunity to grab a beverage or do some more shopping.
The RBC Avion Holiday Boutique is available at select malls across Canada, if you are lucky enough to live near one I would highly recommend you take advantage. The locations are:
- Square One Shopping Centre – Mississauga, ON – Open Nov 22-Dec 31
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre – Toronto, ON – Open Nov 22-Dec 31
- Coquitlam Centre – Coquitlam, BC – Open Nov 22-Dec 31
- Halifax Shopping Centre – Halifax, NS – Open Dec 1-24
Thanks to the RBC Avion Holiday Boutique we had a place to catch our breath, sit down to feed the baby and best of all I have a closet filled with wrapped gifts. Shopping like a VIP never felt better!
Disclosure: I am part of the RBC Avion Holiday Boutique Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.