I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and have already booked my first vacation day! I know you are probably thing what?!? Already?!? But hey I have a good excuse I promise! I booked off Friday Nov 29th – not only is it the day after my birthday, but it is also Black Friday! I am going to enjoy a short week at work followed by birthday celebrations and Black Friday shopping!!! And yes I am totally sending the kids to daycare on Friday while I am off! Planning on doing some Black Friday shopping this year? Here are some tips for making your Black Friday shopping a breeze:
- Be Comfortable – ditch the heels and wear your comfy shoes. If you are going to be walking all day you need comfortable foot wear. Dress warm for the cold weather outside, but wear layers so that once you get in shopping you can remove a layer or two and still shop without over heating.
- Ditch the big bag – no need to carry around extra weight when you are out shopping for the day. Swap for a smaller purse that will hold just the essentials you will need for the day. Not only it is easier to carry, but also easier to keep track of while shopping
- Snack Away – When you are out shopping you don’t always want to stop for food. Pack a snack (granola bars are perfect) and a small bottle of water to keep away the hunger pains and stay hydrated while still scoring the best deals.
- Choose your wardrobe wisely – if you are going to be shopping for clothes for yourself make sure you pick an outfit you can easily get on and off for trips to the dressing room to try on your new finds. If you have long hair, it might be a good idea to tie it back to help keep it out of the way and not looking too messy after the 3rd outfit change!
- Make a List – have an idea of who/what you need to be shopping for to help you stay organized and on track. It is easy to forget once you are out at the mall all of the things you intended to buy. Check out the flyers before you go so you can see what sales are on.
- Scope Out Your Target – Going shopping at your local Target Canada Store? Make sure you know the layout of the store so you know what areas you want to visit. Make a quick trip earlier in the week to find out the placement of key items you want to buy, that way when the store opens on Black Friday you know exactly where you should head first.
I did a pre-Black Friday trip to Target this weekend and found some exciting items in store. Check out the video below for some of the unique items I found at Target Canada and more Black Friday shopping tips!
Don’t forget to join in on the Target Canada Black Friday Twitter Party on Monday Nov 25 at 8:45pm. Happy Black Friday Shopping, hope you score some great deals.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are strictly my own.