Have you ever stopped to think about where the food you are eating is coming from? How far did it have to travel to make it to your table? Was it grown or raised in the same province or even the same country you live in? Longo’s has been working hard to bring you the freshest local produce and meats. The Longo’s journey to offering a full selection of born & raised in Ontario meat products has taken some hard work over the last few years to ensure that quality standards were met and that suppliers could keep up with demand. However the successful relationship between Longo’s and VG Farms makes answering the question “Do you know where your dinner came from?” easy!
I recently had the opportunity to sit down and chat with 2 of the VG brothers, Cory and Kevin, who along with 2 more brothers run VG Meats a producer of born & raised in Ontario Angus Beef. It was an eye opening experience to talk about what I *thought* I knew about beef farming to learning how operations and quality control actually work. VG Meats, and its farmers, pride themselves on producing a high quality product that consumers will enjoy every time they sit down to a meal. Just talking to the VG brothers you could hear the passion and pride they take in their work. So what separates VG Meats from other commercial beef producers?
- All of the VG Meats beef is born, raised, processed and packaged in Ontario
- A quick scan of the QR code on the package of meat will tell you exactly “Where your dinner came from” as you will be able to see the region the animal was raised, its age, and what it was fed. Every package of VG Meats meat is fully traceable
- VG Meats wants to hear from YOU – when you scan the QR code you are able to directly give feedback on your meat to the VG Farms and the farmers, and they do value the feedback as it is not often that farmers get the chance to hear directly from the consumer
- Tenderness testing is at the heart of VG Meats promise to provide a tender piece of meat every time. Cuts are separated and categorized based on tenderness so only the best pieces of meat make it to your table
- No added hormones and cattle are never fed antibiotics at VG Meats and its affiliates
- Focus on small herd size and allowing cattle to range free on pasture when the pastures are able to support the herd
VG Farms makes it easy trace from farm to fork and support to farmers within our communities. Longo’s carries a full range of VG Meats products including steaks, roasts and ground beef. Stop in to pick up some today so you can have a dinner that looks and tastes just as delicious as the one we enjoyed.
Enter to WIN 1 of 2 Longo’s VG Meats Gift Baskets valued at $100!
Each basket will include 3 VG Meats Striploin Steaks, an Insulated bag, a $25 Longo’s Gift Card and a selection of fresh Ontario Produce to help you create the perfect meal.
Open to residents of the GTA (must be within the Grocery Gateway delivery area). Ends August 24, 2014. Enter via the giveaway tools form below.
Disclosure: I received a sample of the above mentioned products. All opinions are strictly my own.