Trying to get ahead with meals has been a little more challenging this time around. When I was expecting Little Bear I cooked up a storm and had a freezer full of quick meals that we could pull out at anytime. This time around… I have 1 loaf of zucchini bread in the freezer that won’t likely make it to the end of next week. Talk about not prepared, at least I have some some quick dinner ideas up my sleeve that will help get food on the table even on the hectic days. Hubs love omelets, so this Ham Omelet Muffin Recipe is perfect for whipping up a quick dinner and they reheat really well for breakfast all week long!
- 10 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼-1/2 Cup Maple Leaf Black Forest Ham, diced into small cubes
- ¼ Cup Green Onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Pepper, chopped
- ¼ Cup Cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously spray a 12 cup muffin tin with oil to coat. Makes 12 omelet muffins.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper together in a medium size bowl or large liquid measuring cup
- Fill the bottoms of your muffin tin (about ⅓ of each individual tin) with the ham, onion, and peppers
- Pour over the egg mixture until each cup is ¾ full or a little more (they will rise)
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each cup
- Place in the over and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes and run a knife around the outside edge before removing from pan
These are perfect served with a side of toast or home fries. You could substitute many different “mix-ins” include mushrooms, roasted peppers, or tomatoes. We made up a batch and Hubs ate the leftovers for breakfast all week long. The Ham Omelet Muffins reheat well, just microwave them for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. You can find many more quick dinner ideas on the Appehite website. Find more information about Maple Leaf products on their website and follow them on twitter for more delicious inspiration.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Maple Leaf Foods. All opinions are strictly my own.