There is one thing I love more then cool whip and pudding and it’s Kraft’s smooth peanut butter. Mix them all together and you have me in the palm of your hand! So when I stumbled upon this recipe from Kraft Canada, I was a little too excited. Now, this Creamy PB & Banana Pudding Pie has become a family favourite, from our 2 year old right up to the adults. The plates are always cleared after serving this delicious pie and I bet it will be the same in your house too. Creamy Peanut Butter & Banana Pudding Pie Recipe
This peanut butter delight is a fluffy and light dessert, perfect for any time of year. It’s great to take to a summer barbecue or tastes equally as good after a warm soup in the winter. That’s one thing I love about Kraft Peanut Butter, it’s an extremely versatile ingredient. It’s always in my cupboard as you can reach for it anytime…breakfast through to dessert! Once WeeBee saw the peanut butter come out, she wanted to bake too and since there is no baking involved with this pie, it was easy for her to help! Of course, she had to try each ingredient at pretty much every stage…spoon full of peanut butter anyone?
Let’s get into the details of this amazing dessert. It begins by melting white chocolate and peanut butter together, I know, you’re going to want to skip straight to the recipe…but hang in there. After you have the chocolate and peanut butter perfectly blended you add your favourite pudding (it calls for vanilla, but I tried it with caramel 😃 ) and finally cool whip. From there you pour this mixture over the prepared graham cracker pie crust and cut fresh banana and let is set in the refrigerator. Okay, if you’ve made it this far, congrats! I’ll share the recipe now…
Creamy Peanut Butter & Banana Pudding Pie
Creamy PB & Banana Pudding Pie
Serves: 12 servings
A delightfully tasty dessert for any occasion!
- 1¼ cup graham crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- ½ cup Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 pkg caramel instant pudding
- 1½ cups cold milk
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Once mixed, press onto the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter by placing them into a microwaveable bowl and microwaving for about 2 min. Stir and melt until well blended.
- Beat the pudding mix and milk together with a fork for about 2 min, add the chocolate/peanut butter mixture and the the cool whip and mix until well blended.
- Slice the bananas and place them onto the crust.
- Cover with the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Before serving, add the crushed cashews.
As you’ve probably guessed, this Creamy Peanut Butter & Banana Pudding Pie Recipe is on my go to list. If you love peanut butter as much as I do, check out Kraft Canada’s Peanut Butter Recipes where you can find plenty more mouth watering dessert ideas…there’s even a PB and Jam DIP! Or try these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bites.
More Tasty Peanut Butter Recipes
Disclosure: I am part of the Kraft’s Whats Cooking ambassador program. All opinions are strictly my own.