Pumpkin spice is EVERYWHERE these days – in your coffee, muffins and even chocolate bars! Well why not have a little fun with Pumpkin spice right at home by making some delicious Pumpkin Pie Bars! These moist bars offer a tasty dessert that is perfect for Fall.
Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 pkg. (250 g) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray foil with cooking spray. Mix flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl until blended; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and nuts.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, pumpkin and spice with mixer until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 min.; cool 10 min. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
Tip: if you don’t have a pasty blender like me I just used knives and ultimately my clean hands to combine the butter with the flour mixture until it was the right consistency as shown in the picture below.
If you have a sweet tooth, but don’t like desserts that are over rich the Pumpkin Pie Bars are a perfect dessert for you. The oatmeal combined with the creamy pumpkin filling is a perfect pairing. So this fall enjoy your pumpkin spice in a while new way and give Pumpkin Pie Bars a try!
Looking for More Pumpkin Inspiration, check out our other posts:
Pumpkin Recipe Ideas
Originally Published October 2014.