Halloween = Candy. Chocolates, chips, gummies, don’t forget the rockets! You can quickly end up with bags full of candy in your house, then what do you do? We have limited A.C.’s sugary treats to a couple of times a week, and we even still have a few Easter Candies kicking around because if it! Well Jennifer the Founder of Baby Gourmet has come up with a great idea call the “Halloween Witch“. In Jennifer’s household after her kids bring in their candy haul they pick out their 15 favorite treats, the rest are left by the fireplace. The Halloween Witch comes for a visit while the children are sleeping and takes away the rest of the candy and leaves a new present instead (maybe a new book or toy)!!! I love that this idea lets children participate in the full Halloween Trick-or-Treat experience, but also makes sure your kids are not in sugar overload all the way until Christmas!
Want to take it one step further? You could hand out the brand new Squoosh Kids Gourmet Snacks as treats for Halloween. A healthy great tasting option for toddlers, preschooler and school age kids. We have had Baby Gourmet in our house since before A.C. was a year old. Fondly referred to as “Squishy” they are one of his favorite snacks. I was very excited to see that Baby Gourmet expanded their line of products to include the Squoosh Kids Gourmet which includes 4 fun flavours: Orangobango, Squabbleberry, Beetberry and Banango.
- There is a full serving of fruits & veggies in every pouch. I can feel good about giving this snack to A.C. as I know he is getting a healthy snack not junk food
- No mess! The convenient pouch design with screw on cap allows A.C. to suck out the the delicious snack without making a mess all over the place. And if for some reason he doesn’t finish it, which almost never happens, I can put the cap back on and put it in the fridge for later
- Travels well, the packages are small enough that I can toss one in my purse, and durable so I don’t have to worry about any leaking
- Organic! It can be hard to find organic snacks at a reasonable price
- Easy to find in stores – I pick mine up from Walmart or Superstore, you can check out retail locations here
Disclosure: I received a sample of Squoosh Kids Gourmet for review purposes. All opinions are strictly my own.